Quiz Me: ParkHopper's Quiz Central

This is a place to file away all of those fun "tell us about you" memes floating around! Every time I find a quiz I like, I'll post it here. We'll all learn something about me in the process!

25 January, 2006

Tuesday Two for 1/24

Play along at Patrick's Weekender!

THIS WEEK'S TOPIC: FUNERALS

QUESTION A:How do you feel about open casket viewings or visitations at funeral homes? Does it bother you to see the decedent or do you feel a more complete sense of closure from it?

or

QUESTION B:If you had a chance to come back long enough to see your own funeral (unseen by the visitors, of course) just to see and hear what was said about you, explain why you would or wouldn't take that chance.

I'm going to answer Question B this week. I don't think I would attend my own funeral. Funerals seem to be a chance for everyone to come together to say what a wonderful person you were. It could be a total ego trip, but I'd view it as a chance to see people saying things you don't really think are true. Besides, without me there to veto, there would probably be a lot of not-my-style contemporary Christian music. I'd hate to hear the soundtrack.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Janette said…

    I'll go with A. I DO NOT view the bodies of loved ones. Don't get me wrong, I've been around plenty of dead bodies and they don't bother me...if I don't know them. I think the viewing of bodies of loved ones is a barbaric custom and I don't participate. Not alive and hopefully not dead.

    If you ever go along with them sticking me in some over priced frilly box so they can stand around and gawk at me I'll come back and haunt you.

    And if I'm killed in an auto accident no crosses and flowers on the side of the road. That's just stupid.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Janette said…

    Hmm, you should come up with a playlist for your funeral! I imagine it would be a mixture of music from Phantom of the Opera, Le Mis, Rent and Disney movies!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home