Quiz Me: ParkHopper's Quiz Central

This is a place to file away all of those fun "tell us about you" memes floating around! Every time I find a quiz I like, I'll post it here. We'll all learn something about me in the process!

18 January, 2006

Tuesday Two for 1/18

Play along at Patrick's Weekender!

THIS WEEK'S TOPIC: BLOGGING

QUESTION A:Not counting spam, have you ever deleted a comment to your blog, or can you imagine a situation besides spam in which you would? Would you feel bad about doing so?

or

QUESTION B:Is blogging truly a forum for discussion, or does it still boil down to being about what the individual writer wants it to be about? Why or why not?

I'll be going with Question A this week. Yes, I've deleted a comment. Someone (possibly an ex... possibly just some jerk-off) would write a snarky comment every time I pulled out my liberal soapbox. Snarky comments, while rude and inappropriate, aren't worth deleting. However, when someone tells me the would would be better if I were dead... I delete the comment. Without a morsel of guilt. And I also blocked the IP address from leaving any further comments.

...and I'm not answering the other question, but if I did, I would say that blogging is only a forum for discussion if that's what the writer wants. :o)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blogging is just like the annual letter that people stick in their Christmas Cards ... only shorter, and there's no postage!

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Janette said…

    I'll answer A: I have deleted more comments than I can count and I've banned well over 200 IP addresses. I don't mind snarky comments, actually I enjoy them. I invite discussion on my blog and enjoy hearing the other side of issues but I look at my comment section as my living room. Commentors are guests and are expected to be polite. I delete and ban rude people in a heartbeat and feel NO remorse. If someone wants to post rude rants with foul languare or insults they should do it on a blog where THEY pay the bills.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home