Quiz Me: ParkHopper's Quiz Central

This is a place to file away all of those fun "tell us about you" memes floating around! Every time I find a quiz I like, I'll post it here. We'll all learn something about me in the process!

19 December, 2005

Two Memes for the Price of One!

Saturday Six and Sunday Seven in the same entry? Well, since Patrick put them both out on the same day, I'd call it appropriate! I'm also doing them in redro esrever!

Sunday Seven for 12/18
What are your all-time favorite television commercials? If "favorite" isn't the right word for you, then what are the seven that tend to stand out the most in your mind? You can use the TV Guide list for some ideas if you're drawing a blank.

Ahh...commercials...the lettuce in the sandwich that is television. As a kid, I could recite almost every commercial on TV. Now that I'm married (to a man...you know how they get with the remote!) I don't really see a lot of commercials anymore. So here's my list of classics, without using the TV Guide list:

1. "Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun..." I must confess that I don't even really like the Big Mac, but every now and then I get one and sing this song to myself as I drip "special sauce" all over the place!
2. "Where's the beef?"

Walt Disney World commercials could easily make up my whole Top Seven, but here are my two absolute favorites:

3. Happiest Celebration on Earth commercial where all of the Disney characters are headed to Disneyland. Watching Stitch on a motorcycle, Cinderella running through NYC, Genie and Iago on camel trekking through the desert, and Mickey driving Herbie always makes me laugh.
4. WDW commercial starring a little boy meeting all the Disney characters, but somehow misses Mickey Mouse. At the end of his vacation, he sees Mickey and runs up to him and says, "I've been waiting my whole life to meet you!"

5. "This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs. Any questions?" There was a t-shirt mocking the commercial that I begged my mom for. It had a picture of a plate of bacon & eggs and said "this is your brain on drugs with bacon and toast." I never got the shirt.

6. California raisins: "I Heard it Through the Grapevine." I once went to a kid's birthday party and little plastic figurines of the raisin dudes were in our goody bags. That's how you know a commercial is good - it spawns its own merchandising!

And a current commercial to round-off the list:

7. Levi's commercial in which a guy fabricates a knock-off of his favorite jeans with stains and holes to give to his girlfriend when he goes away. As soon as the bus drives off, leaving her cuddling her man's pants, he pulls off his sweatpants, revealing the actual jeans underneath. ha!

Saturday Six for 12/17
1. How much of your Christmas shopping and holiday card mailing do you have left to accomplish? When do you expect to finish it if you haven't already?
I still have to buy Scott's stocking stuffers. I plan to go Thursday before work and wrap Friday before work. We still haven't sent the pile of cards to Walter Reed...really need to get on that tomorrow morning!

2. When giving gifts to co-workers or casual friends, how much importance do you place on the value of the gift you're giving them versus the value of the gift you imagine they're giving you?
Call me Scrooge, but I don't give gifts to co-workers or casual friends. Except my Secret Santa, who is getting $20-$25 worth of gifts as outlined in the rules.

3. What are you secretly hoping someone will give you for Christmas that you haven't specifically asked for?
I've asked for everything under $100. That leaves the stand mixer, the cruise (although at this point I'll settle for any vacation), and the $700 digital camera with optional manual focus. I'm not really holding out hope that I'll get any of these!

4. Take this quiz (if you haven't already!): Which Jones Holiday Soda Flavor are you?
I am pecan pie soda - sweet but totally nuts

5. Would you actually try that flavor?
I hate pecans, but I'll try almost anything once. I doubt I'd ask for seconds though!

6. If you could step into the life of any fictional Christmas character -- Scrooge, Rudolph, Frost, etc. -- and live that part, which character would you choose and why?
Rudolph! He's the original saver of Christmas! Even better than Ernest! Besides, I love stories where the little guy triumphs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home