Quiz Me: ParkHopper's Quiz Central

This is a place to file away all of those fun "tell us about you" memes floating around! Every time I find a quiz I like, I'll post it here. We'll all learn something about me in the process!

07 December, 2005

Tuesday Two for 12/6

THIS WEEK'S TOPIC:
THE FUTURE

QUESTION A:You are given the chance to open one of three
envelopes. The first, labelled "WHEN," will reveal the exact date and time of your death; the second, labelled "HOW," will reveal the method of your demise, and the third, marked "VALUE," would reveal how much or how little you will be remembered after you're gone. If you had to select and read the contents of one of the envelopes, which would you choose and why?

or

QUESTION B:
You receive an email that is sent to you from
yourself 10 years in the future. After reading the first paragraph, you
recognize your distinctive style and there are enough authenticating details to eliminate any doubt but that the letter is -- somehow -- from your future self. The second paragraph indicates that there are three critical dates coming in the next ten years that you need to be aware of, so that you can make "better decisions" than the ones this future self made. If the scenarios described did NOT contain the actual decision this alternate you already made, but only focused on what conflict you'd be faced with so that you could have advance notice to think about how you might react, would you be willing to read about those three events?

Frankly, Question B reminds me way too much of the book From Time to Time by Jack Finney. So I'm going with Question A. And my answer is VALUE. Honestly, I'm not famous. And I doubt I'll ever be famous. If I vanished off the face of the earth today, I think only a handful of people would remember me next week. I don't want to know when I'm going to die, and I don't want to know how I'm going to die, but I think I could handle knowing how much I'll be remembered.

Play along with the Tuesday Two at Patrick's Weekender.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home