Quiz Me: ParkHopper's Quiz Central

This is a place to file away all of those fun "tell us about you" memes floating around! Every time I find a quiz I like, I'll post it here. We'll all learn something about me in the process!

30 November, 2005

Tuesday Two for 11/29



THIS WEEK'S TOPIC: CHARITY

QUESTION A: Many charities are concerned about "donor fatigue," a phenomenon that occurs when there are a series of natural disasters that increase the need for donations (and thereby increase the number of appeals from charities for help). Do you think "donor fatigue" really exists, or do you believe that only a small percentage will give no matter what, or do you believe something in between?

or

QUESTION B: Are there any charities that you regularly donate to, and if so, did this past year's disasters change how much you gave to which organizations?

I'm going with B. I donate a small amount out of my paycheck each week to the Central Florida United Way. They support a lot of positive programs in the community, and everything I donate STAYS in Central Florida...which makes me feel like a real part of the community. After hurricane Katrina, Scott and I evaluated our funds and did make a donation to the Red Cross. A drop in the bucket? Sure. But since neither of us is Bill Gates, I'm proud that we tried to help. (and I'm still giving the same amount to the United Way that I gave last year)

I also look forward to doing my part for the Girl Scouts every February...during cookie season. ;o)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home