Quiz Me: ParkHopper's Quiz Central

This is a place to file away all of those fun "tell us about you" memes floating around! Every time I find a quiz I like, I'll post it here. We'll all learn something about me in the process!

11 December, 2005

Sunday Seven for 12/11

Wow! I'm actually playing on the correct day for a change. Amazing what bronchitis does for your non-work productivity! Play along at Patrick's Weekender.

What are your top seven favorite Christmas songs? Use ASCAP's list for an idea starter, but you need not pull your seven only from that list. Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, list up to seven holiday songs you like to hear this time of year.

My favorite Christmas/winter songs are ones that show emotion. The holidays are wonderful when you're with loved ones, and can be pretty terrible when you're not. Not all holiday emotions are sugar-sweet, laced with chocolate chips and egg nog. I think my list reflects that.

  1. Hallelujah - Handel's Messiah: a favorite to sing
  2. O Holy Night: although she's not my personal favorite, Celine Dion has a nice version
  3. I'll Be Home for Christmas: being in hospitality and working on Christmas day makes this one especially poignant for me. And every time I hear it and think of the kids in the Armed Forces overseas I get choked up
  4. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Meet Me in St. Louis: Judy Garland kicked @$$ every time she sang
  5. Hard Candy Christmas - Best Little Whorehouse in Texas: not actually a Christmas song, but I still love it
  6. Baby It's Cold Outside: because Christmas needed a little 'sexy'
  7. The Christmas Song: Nat King Cole's version is still my favorite

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home